First off, this prompt is awesome. Why?
My uncle and I used to be like brother and sister. Like any good big brother, he and I would play fight/wrestle. The pit of despair was the nickname for his horrid smelly armpits.
Also, you may remember the pit from the best movie ever:
Thanks to Lori from Misdiagnosed Me for bringing this memory back with her prompt suggestion.
I've talked a lot about humor's role in combating my disease in the past, and I guarantee you that still stands. Here is a list of things that I do to get my grove back when Arthur is trying to keep me down:
- Go to the gym to run my tiny quarter mile or more then laugh in the face of autoimmune arthritis
- Play video games despite angry swollen fingers
- Cook amazing food
- Bounce around with my baby niece and hang out with my family
- Dance around to Justin Timberlake's latest album
- Play blues on my ukulele a la Hugh Laurie
- Watch bad-ass comedy shows like Monty Python, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, and Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Arthritis walks/awareness shizzle
- Go to the zoo
- Thursday night trivia at Applebees with awesome friends
- Brewers baseball, whether it's listening to Ueck on the radio or popping in on the press box when my future father-in-law is covering games
- Wedding planning!
- Pinterest (see humor, geek, and wedding genres)
- Talking/spending time with my favorite people
- Snuggling with the fiance!
What about you? What kinds of things do you do to escape your illness?