Okay, so I should’ve done this back when Thanksgiving happened, but if you remember, I had kind of a lot going on. Bah.
Random things I’m thankful for this year:
- Having a job – not just that, but one that I really like and where I really like management and the other workers. I could see myself staying here until I’m done with my PhD even… which takes forever mind you 🙂
- That school’s out for almost a month.
- Now that classes are over, I feel like I have a few friends, which makes being in Madison a little more bearable.
- Lotion, because my fingers keep cracking open 🙁 (also, band-aids)
- Netflix, because it’s one of the most awesome things invented.
- Being able to be on medicine, because I don’t even want to think about how hard the last 6 months would’ve been without it.
- My family, who is always supportive of me.
- Pain medicine haha
- On a related note, alcohol
- My sister, who is pretty hilarious and pretty much awesome
- Egg Nog, and my annual nog binge (which was this morning btw)
- Random guests who give me dessert! (Also, I think I’m in love with flan now)
- My boyfriend, who is probably the nicest and sweetest and funniest person I know. Also, he knows when to kick my butt into gear, which is awesome.
- Getting to establish a small sort of relationship with my real dad. It’s not much now, but there’s a lot of time to work on that.
- Anti-fatigue mats
- Christmas music will be over soon and I get my oldies station back (yeah, shut up, I like oldies)
- I’ve learned how to buy things a little healthier now, and feel better than I have for a while, comparatively speaking.
- Humor! Otherwise, I don’t think I’d make it.
- And you! Whoever you are reading this- whether you’re a friend, from my family, or just some random person – you mean something to me.
- Also, cheese.
My grades were supposed to be up today I thought, and they’re not. I think I’m grateful for that too.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!