I have a habit of calling my disease “Arthur” and though I’m not sure how exactly it started, I know I’m not alone. Several of us use the same term to describe our life partner, the ever-asshole-ish RAD/AA.
Here are some of the least favorite things about Arthur:
- He’s not sexy
- Always sleeps in late
- Doesn’t listen
- He’s needy
- Ruins the best times
- Doesn’t let you have any fun
- He feeds you fat food
- He always wants to cause a scene
- Plays with your emotions
- Hates your other boyfriend
- Is way too attached to that couch
- Always looking for ways to get you into bed
Some of us even feel so strongly about our painful lover that we can’t even put it into words. I will say this though, if he existed, I would have gunned him down mafia-style YEARS ago.