Melanie over at College Life With Lupus gave me the One Lovely Blog award! Woo hoo! It’s so wonderful to have friends at other blogs, and people who appreciate the kinds of things that we go through. I’ve been blogging about my disease for over a year now and it’s been a real eye opener for me. To see how other people handle their illnesses in the sickly blogging world has changed some ideas I had about illness, happiness, and life in general. Melanie is such an inspiration, and I hope you’ll check out her blog.
As a part of receiving this award, I’m supposed to pass it on to 15 (!) other blogs. Yikes! These are in no particular order:
- A Smart Girl’s Guide to Arthritis. Chick in the City is super awesome. She’s funny, unique, and doesn’t let her RA get her down. I challenge you to find a way that she isn’t an inspiration 🙂
- Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis. Andrew not only gives a glimpse of life with RA in the Northwest, but also of the men affected with this debilitating disease.
- Judy over at RA Is Wild. She doesn’t let her RA stand in her way and has flirted with the raw diet.
- Cari at My Bum Thumb. She was diagnosed with RA in high school and is fighting her way through college. Anyone who can keep up with class work, regular life, and chronic pain deserves an award in my book.
- The Single Gal’s Guide to Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sara. She’s amazing. She does so much for RA as a cause. Also, she just got back from Korea. You go girl, traveling the world with your RA.
- Leslie at Getting Closer to Myself. The title really does say a lot. The journey of someone with a chronic illness is often a struggle with oneself. Leslie knows it all too well, battling both RA and Lupus.
- Britta over at Chronically Young talks about her battle with Lyme Disease. Lyme Disease often seems to be discounted as something curable, but Britta is a stark reminder of the severity of the disease.
- Lupus and Humor don’t tend to be things that go together in someone’s mind, but Carla knows how to write an entertaining story for sure. Also, she follows the best rule a chronically ill girl can – avoid the scale!
- Tiffany over at Sick Girl Speaks has cystic fibrosis. Despite all the pain she goes through, and the unpredictable future that she faces, Tiffany stay strong and grateful. Oh, and she’s a pretty awesome source for definitions relating to the medical world.
- Squirrel (best.fake.name.ever) at Feelin’ Swell: My Life with RA is pretty new to the blogging world. But, in the short time she’s been around, she’s battled with exercise, show shopping, and Doctor Who (yay!). I’m excited about the places she’ll go.
- All Flared Up‘s Amanda always has great bits of advice and reactions. I think my favorite is when someone didn’t believe she had RA because she was too pretty.
- Lisa from Brass and Ivory: Living with Multiple Sclerosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis. My great grandmother lost her battle with MS eleven years ago. To read about Lisa’s battle with both of these diseases is just amazing. She is such an inspiration to anyone battling chronic pain.
- Claire from Muscles and RA races bikes! Also, her little girl is super cute 🙂
- Robin gives you The Truth About JRA. She tries to handle things naturally, something I really admire.
- SuperBitch of Confessions of an RA Superbitch tells it like it is. It’s frustrating to have a chronic illness, especially one that alters lives so much. It’s refreshing to see someone so willing to open up to the world about her anger.
I read so many blogs that this obviously isn’t a comprehensive list – just the first 15 that popped into my head. I hope that you enjoy this new collection of blogs!
Happy early Independence Day for Americans, and a late one for you Canadians, eh. 🙂